Posted on: January 28, 2019
What's the opportunity?
The Logistics Lead is responsible for ensuring effective management of the customer's supply chain information using TMC's Transportation Management System. This role will likely be assigned to a particular region, mode, business unit or small account to lead the assignment of operational tasks to guarantee accurate completion. This role will be held accountable to achieve operational efficiency and drive continuous improvement within their area of responsibility as well as within their team. This role will also use the TMC project-based delivery model to identify, manage, and drive projects to conclusion within their team.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring all arrangements are made for shipments through both your own work and by providing direction to a small team
- Creating and documenting standard operating processes
- Managing complex exceptions and drive problem solving to prevent reoccurrence and improve processes
- Assisting in cross training within assigned team
- Responsibility of meeting operational targets within a particular region, mode, business unit, or small account
- Leading calls, meetings, and TMC systems trainings with the customer
- Utilizing analytics to identify and solve problems
- Building and presenting intermediate to complex business cases on how customers can achieve their goals in utilizing TMC
- Collaborating with internal service teams to meet team and customer goals
- Applying the TMC project-based delivery model in your day to day work
- Lead small sized operations-focused continuous improvement projects utilizing the model
What are we looking for?
- 4 year college degree and/or 2+ years equivalent industry experience
- Supply Chain and/or Transportation experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook experience preferred
- Excel experience preferred
- Information systems acumen
- Experience utilizing a TMS preferred
- Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment to ensure completion of work
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects through to completion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion
- The ability to travel on occasion (approx. 0-15%)
TMC IMPACT Values
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere--, to support the world's most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower-- locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, S--o Paulo, Shanghai, and Wroc--aw. This Control Tower-- network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Keywords: TMC, Tracy , Logistics Lead, Professions , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!