Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
The advanced manufacturing engineer will focus on both supporting component and CLT factories as well as well as interfacing with research and development team for implementing advanced technologies. Adv. ME will develop or co-develop new processes covering all area of manufacturing process including procurement, installation, commissioning, and start up. These can be to improve productivity or using new equipment, tools and methods to improve our delivery commitment.
Adv. ME will investigate new ideas such as application of AR/VR, Artificial intelligence, Real-time data analytics, new Lean principles, developing improved MES systems, etc. Through the application of lean manufacturing tools and methods, the manufacturing engineer must continually seek out ways to optimize manufacturing processes to ensure that safety, quality, cost and efficiency goals are achieved. Being knowledgeable of the latest equipment used in the industry and recommending equipment to improve manufacturing processes is a requirement for the position. Experience with RFP and specification development, Factory Acceptance Testing, installation management, commissioning planning and execution, and turn over documentation preparation are essential. Finally, the key element of the role would be to create Best Practices and replicate these standards in other factories after successful implementation in Phoenix site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports manufacturing processes that produce components for the construction industry; roof trusses, floor trusses and enclosed floor / ceiling components, enclosed interior and exterior wall components, countertops, cabinets, plumbing, window installation and cross laminated timber.
- Ensure construction designs are compliant with the company's principles of design for manufacturing, assembly, and systems integration. Interface with design team to create Design Rules/Guidelines
- Witnesses and approves Factory Acceptance Testing of equipment packages
- Coordinates and oversees assembly and installation of plant equipment by contractors qualified by Adv Manufacturing Engineer including:
- Mechanical installation and alignment
- Equipment welding as necessary
- Electrical and Controls Wiring
- Establishes and manages mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, and commissioning of plant equipment including
- Preparation of commissioning and turn over documentation
- Development and administration of acceptance test procedures
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; collaborating with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing process efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout through Value Stream Mapping and other lean manufacturing techniques.
- Optimizes manufacturing processes to ensure the highest levels of product quality, manufacturing lead-times reductions and lowest cost manufacturing techniques through the use of lean manufacturing tools; 6S, Kaizens, Six Sigma and Total Quality Management applications as applicable.
- Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Monitors and improve the safety, output and efficiency of manufacturing processes through the measurement of key process indicators (KPI's) in support of the overall organization
- Prepare reports, technical memorandums, and recommendations
- Be able to travel 25%+
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years in a manufacturing equipment installation and process enabling/improvement role.
- Ability to read/interpret construction drawings.
- A working knowledge of lean manufacturing system/techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with installation and start up of major mechanical packages
- Unfailing focus on customer service with a proven ability to deliver quality results on-time.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, as well as hourly staff.
- Passion for Katerra's mission and real belief in the company's value proposition.
- Bachelor's degree in construction or mechanical engineering or related technical field.
- Experience utilizing SAP software platform.
- Hard working, friendly, highly flexible and adaptive, results-oriented, passionate.
- A self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an organizationally young entrepreneurial environment.
- Intellectually curious and interested in learning all aspects of the organization and the industry.
- Solutions-focused and a proactive self-starter who is always looking for opportunities to improve the organization and solve problems.
- An excellent communicator who seeks first to understand, then to be understood.
- Able to handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines.
- Flexible and able to change directions quickly.
- Data-focused with an incredible attention to detail.
- Exemplifies Katerra Cultural and People Principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.
Keywords: Katerra, Tracy , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Professions , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!