Overnight Yard Clerk (Logistics)
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Overnight Yard Clerk (Logistics)(Job Number: 2204550)
Responsible for the daily/weekly maintaining of pallet tracking
(where applicable), audit of driver logs and trip reports, log and
driver file DOT requirements tracking. Liaison for internal
customer support. Track all return goods as directed by the
customer for close out of returns from the private fleet.
Salary: $20 an hour
Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday 18:00 - 6:00
Supporting: 18 Penske Drivers and 75 3rd Party Carriers
Ability to work in different weather elements since this position
is 80 % outside in the yard
- Various office and administrative duties, which may include
handling accounts payable/receivable and collections, payroll, fuel
reconciliation, office supplies, billing, maintaining database and
- Audit of logs and trip reports and other DOT reporting,
maintain of files, customer service interaction, resolution of
driver equipment requests and pallet tracking.
- Maintenance and distribution of route books, daily interface
with drivers, assist with driver coverage of vacation and overflow
- Involve Safety team as required by location
- Prioritize workload and have flexibility to adjust based on
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor
- 2 years of general office experience required
- 1 year of customer service experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint required
- AS400 experience preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Tracy , Overnight Yard Clerk (Logistics), Professions , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!