Material Handler I (CLS) (2nd Shift) - Tracy CA
Company: APL Logistics Americas, Ltd
Posted on: May 6, 2022
The Material Handler I locates and loads by hand and with non
motorized equipment customer product onto/from pallets, trays racks
and shelves; counts, weighs and records number of units of
materials handled; completes specialized order processing for
loading by stenciling, shrink wrapping, labeling and consolidating
as required on order; prepares trailers prior to loading product by
inspecting and cleaning as needed to ensure product preservation;
assists in building and grounds maintenance; assists in physical
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the
* Accurately locate and load, by hand and with non motorized
equipment, customer product onto/from pallets, trays, racks and
shelves according to established procedures and safety
* Count, weigh and record number of units of materials handled on
daily production sheet.
* Complete specialized order processing for loading by stenciling,
shrink wrapping, labeling and consolidating as required on
_Loading & Unloading_
* Remove samples of materials, label with identifying information
and take them to a laboratory for analysis before loading.
* Load picked orders according to specifications and sequence on
the customer-generated Loading Diagram or instructions, completing
appropriate paperwork including Bill of Lading, Pick Report,
Trailer Audit and Lot Verification.
* Unload, move, stack and stage customer products and materials by
hand and with non motorized equipment, keeping appropriate records
_Operating & Maintenance - Equipment and Grounds_
* Daily inspect, repair, or make adjustments before operating
tow-motor vehicles, following safety and maintenance
* Prepare trailers prior to loading product by inspecting and
cleaning as needed to ensure product preservation.
* Assists in building and grounds maintenance to ensure that the
facility is maintained in a clean, neat, safe and orderly
* Complete activity and statistical reports as assigned by
* Assist in physical inventories, ensuring facility and contents
* Provide other services such as housekeeping activities,
assembling crates to contain products and/or moving loose materials
to containers as directed by supervisor.
* Participates in all Safety and 5S requirements
* Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for
operational efficiency to improve business process, increase
proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
* Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and
* Position requires the incumbent's performance to meet and
occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety,
food safety, sanitation, quality, productivity and customer
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
* 1-2 years warehouse or related work experience
* Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedures
* Ability to operate non-motorized equipment, conveyor systems,
Warehouse Management Systems, Packing material systems
* Ability to write legibly
* Must have basic math skills
* Must have attention to detail
* Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
* Language skills - English
* Must be a Team Player
*Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities*
* Knowledge of distribution and warehousing preferred
* Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and
* Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
* Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
* Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
* Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal
goals through a strong customer focus.
**Organization:** **Region North America*
**Title:** *Material Handler I (CLS) (2nd Shift) - Tracy CA*
**Requisition ID:** *220000MM*
The company is committed to and supports equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants
for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment
of employees and applicants without regard to the following
legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed,
sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic
information (including characteristics and testing), veteran
status, physical or mental disability status or any other
Keywords: APL Logistics Americas, Ltd, Tracy , Material Handler I (CLS) (2nd Shift) - Tracy CA, Professions , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!