Quality Service Technician
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold
beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water
to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I
and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure,
sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's
best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high
quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food,
non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
This position is responsible for representing O-I in the field,
with direct responsibility for the successful quality and
processing performance of O-I packages in customer operations and
for maintaining effective relationships between Assurance of
Quality (AOQ), Sales, Manufacturing plants and Customers.
- Oversee customer line performance and reporting systems to
communicate customer feedback to manufacturing and packaging
- Document customer complaints, determines the nature and
seriousness of complaints, and manages the development of root
cause and corrective actions with manufacturing.
- Direct customer filling line initiatives for performance
- Responsible for assisting manufacturing with the development of
strategic quality performance improvement plans for customer
- Maintain verbal and written communication with North America
AOQ, Manufacturing plants, Sales personnel, and other support
groups concerning customer quality performance.
- Establish and develop manufacturing plant to customer filling
What We Offer At O-I
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution &
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Education Assistance program
- and much more---
The Quality Service Technician should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 4-6 years related experience
- A strong understanding of customer filling lines
- Knowledge of customer operation, requirements, equipment and
procedures to coordinate efforts to work ahead of and prevent
potential quality issues
- Solid experience of plant quality control procedures in glass
container manufacturing preferred.
- Working knowledge of glass defect identification
- Plant Experience, Fracture Analysis.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious
and collaborative, we'd like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that
attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture
that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while
encouraging growth and rewarding performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact
O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Keywords: O-I, Tracy , Quality Service Technician, Professions , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!