Quality & Safety Site Manager
Company: Marley Spoon
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Marley Spoon is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy
cooking back to the people while building a sustainable supply
chain for a waste-free world.
Marley Spoon is a direct-to-consumer manufacturing business with a
waste free supply chain. We deliver top quality fresh ingredients
in the exact quantities required with chef-designed easy-to-cook
recipes, to thousands of households across the globe. Together we
build brands customers love. Currently we operate three brands that
are serving households in the US, Europe, and Australia: Marley
Spoon, Martha & Marley Spoon, and Dinnerly.
Marley Spoon simplifies weeknight cooking and helps busy people
skip the supermarket. But in the end, it's simple: We started
Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating!
As a Quality & Safety Site Manager you will oversee the areas
Health & Safety, Food Safety & Quality Assurance and Process
Quality Management at our Tracy Production Facility. You will work
closely with the site lead, and other operations functions (supply
chain management, operations excellence, people operations). You
hold the site accountable to meet our internal Quality and Safety
expectations. You will report directly to the Head of Quality &
- Build, develop and lead a strong diverse team of multi-shift
- Ensure all facility operations are in compliance with Marley
Spoon's internal policies and standard operating procedures.
- Identify potential risk areas in quality and safety, and work
with site to complete root cause analysis and put corrective
actions in place
- Monitor and report on Quality & Safety KPIs in the operations
and quality & safety team meetings and drive success toward weekly,
monthly and quarterly targets.
- Ensure all recordkeeping is up to date and being properly
- Interface with outside regulators governing safety, supporting
program management, audits and process improvement
- Input and follow up on corrective actions derived from
internal/external audits, product and process non-conformances and
Requirements:You are passionate about driving change and improving
business operations. You are a confident, self-starter who is
capable of recognizing improvement opportunities and developing
specific initiatives that result in an impactful, sustainable
change across the organization. You are not afraid to own and drive
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Strong process documentation and visualization skills, with
attention to detail
- Degree preferred - in any of the following subjects: food
science, quality management, operations, supply chain, engineering
- 2+ years of experience in the food industry is a bonus (incl.
ISO 9001, ISO 22000/SQF and OSHA)
- Problem solving mindset is essential (familiar with 8D, PDCA,
FMEA, Six Sigma)
- Passionate about food and fresh produce
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with project management
- An excellent work ethic and a natural tendency to go above and
- Fluent in English
- Comprehensive Benefits plan including medical, dental, vision,
- PTO package including 12 holidays, 5 learning and development
days, 20 vacation days (plus incremental vacation day add-ons at
- Free Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon subscription boxes
- Diverse and respectful work environment with over 50
- Growth mindset company values that encourage acquisition of
business acumen outside the scope of your function or
- Autonomy, entrepreneurialism, flat hierarchiesWe have worked
hard to build a diverse team of encouraging and passionate people.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply!
Keywords: Marley Spoon, Tracy , Quality & Safety Site Manager, Professions , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!