Quality Execution Supervisor-Compliance
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: July 3, 2019
OverviewLeprino Foods Company, the World's Largest Manufacturer of
Mozzarella Cheese, has an immediate opening for Temporary Quality
Execution Assistant Position at our Tracy facility. Leprino Foods -
Tracy currently processes three million pounds of milk a day. We
produce more than 400,000 lbs. of cheese per day. We are a union
plant and currently have over 300 employees. Leprino Foods is
currently located in nine locations across the United States -
three are in California.ResponsibilitiesChampions the plant Quality
Execution Compliance initiatives and operates as the local subject
matter expert in applicable food safety and quality policies,
programs, and systems. Leads, teaches, and inspires passion in all
plant employees for product quality, food safety, and plant
housekeeping. The Quality Execution Compliance Supervisor also
leads the day to day execution of plant compliance activities.
Drives proactive and ongoing preparation for and follow-up on all
regulatory (I.e. CDPHE, FDA, USDA, NCIMS, etc.), Kosher, Halal,
customer, third party (I.e. SQF), and corporate compliance audits.
Partners with plant Management and Corporate resources to ensure
plant readiness for product recall, including the completion of
periodic mock recall exercises. Assures robust and detailed
document control procedures are established and executed including
understanding and practicing of Good Documentation Practices by
plant personnel. Ensures detailed, periodic, compliance reporting
is shared and discussed with plant Management to promote ongoing
awareness of plant's state of compliance and needed support from
plant Management to drive plant food safety and quality systems
continuous improvement initiatives.
We Ask Of You (but not limited to):
- Proactively drive food safety and quality systems compliance in
day-to-day operations in collaboration with QE and Plant
- Assure compliance of food safety programs and quality systems
by leading full cycle food safety and quality systems compliance
audits and partnering with Department Managers and Supervisors to
implement effective corrective and preventive actions to prevent
recurrence of compliance opportunities identified within a timely
- Champion plant Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) Program
to ensure food safety and quality systems process improvements are
documented to include root cause(s), corrective action(s),
preventive action(s), and problem recurrence monitoring to know and
be sure root cause(s) were effectively addressed.
- Proactively seek out and leverage regulatory requirements
knowledge to promote proper understanding and application of food
safety and quality systems requirements, assuring plant's
compliance readiness for all internal and external audits.
- Facilitate cross-functional systematic problem-solving
utilizing approaches appropriate to magnitude of opportunities
(I.e. cause map, 5-Why's, 8 Disciplines, Cause and Effect Diagram,
PDCA, etc.) that results in the implementation of sustainable
corrective and preventive actions that continuously improve food
safety and quality systems compliance.
- Develop and implement food safety and quality systems education
(I.e. Food Safety New Hire Orientation, Food Safety Newsletters,
Food Safety & Quality Systems Refresher Training, Food Safety
Topics, HACCP, SPC, etc.) and maintain current requisite
certifications (I.e. HACCP, PCQI, SQF Practitioner, Internal
- Develop and report periodically on state of compliance for
plant including key opportunities and areas for plant Management
focus to ensure proper plant compliance work prioritization and
- Develop and report compliance Key Performance Indicators that
measure plant compliance performance and serve as a clear
benchmark(s) for measuring compliance improvements.
- Develop, implement, and drive a robust Document Control Program
including Good Documentation Practices that assures timely and
proper records completion and organization.
- Drive proper Change Management techniques to effectively lead
food safety and quality systems changes.
- This position will support a 24/7, highly complex
food-manufacturing operation with a continuous improvement mindset
while promoting a winning culture".
- Company is 365/7 days a week/ three shifts. This position may
need to rotate shifts and work weekends.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance
bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit-Sharing plan - we
hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and
outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
QualificationsYou Have (Minimum Qualifications):
Knowledge and Skills
- The position requires a detail orientation, the ability to
balance multiple priorities, and a high sense of urgency for
problem solving and continuous improvement. The incumbent needs a
strong people orientation, an influential leadership presence and a
teamwork-oriented, "can do" attitude. A strong level of
assertiveness needs to be balanced with exceptional interpersonal
skills to achieve results in a positive and collaborative
- These attributes must be used to develop, implement, and
sustain Compliance procedures (I.e. standard operating procedures,
work instructions, topic alerts, etc.) utilizing a proactive
approach to food safety programs and quality systems leadership in
a fast-paced, continuous flow, large-scale production
Qualifications for Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in food technology, food science, dairy
science, microbiology, or chemistry or equivalent experience
working in a regulated food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and passion for leading plant food safety programs
and quality systems, including the FSMA concept for food safety,
quality assurance standards, and statistical process control
- At least 5+ years of related experience, (manufacturing
- At least 2+ year of progressive leadership experience.
- Leadership Competencies
- Leads Others Courageously
- Inspires Passion in Others
- Develops Themselves
- Drives for Exceptional Results
- Influencing Skills
- Change Agent
- Analytical, Systems Thinker
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Tracy , Quality Execution Supervisor-Compliance, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!