Quality Systems Engineer, Megafactory
Posted on: May 24, 2023
What to Expect
Tesla is seeking an engineer to develop and implement quality management systems. This position will involve identifying inefficiencies across the business and be responsible for driving business process design, implementation, and project management of technical solutions. Your changes will have impact on the way people work, so you'll have to earn the trust of business stakeholders and suggest quantifiable solutions that will persist long after you move on to your next initiative.
What You'll Do
- Ensure all core components of QMS program management and solution delivery are planned and accounted for: quality management system, system design, knowledge and learning management, and data science and analytics.
- Prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems while managing stakeholder expectations and generating consensus on changes
- Provide business context, structure, and drive cross-functional programs to implement changes
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities (potential gaps between process and system) across all business functions, developing tools that allow for visibility into process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Translate business process needs into software design requirements;
- Collaborate closely with the software development team to define functional and timeline requirements of software tools;
- Manage user manual/information on how to use the system;
- Perform training to various functions on new roll outs and functionality changes;
- Business point of contact for users for day-to-day queries and adoption;
- Monitor health of system and data quality
- Define and propose business process performance metrics for all levels of operations.
- Communicate ISO 9001 requirements to business stakeholders while ensuring flexibility for innovation
- Collaborate with other sites/teams to drive towards common solutions which will become Tesla's "best practices";
- Identify gaps in quality system specific to their factory.
- Where best practices exist: implement.
- Where best practices do not exist: develop, document and implement.
- Lead ISO 9001 internal audits
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or quality system role.
- Understanding of software and database design in order to work closely with a development team to translate business needs into software solutions.
- Preferred: Knowledge of quality system industry standards including ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949.
- Preferred: certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Preferred: Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL) experience.
- Preferred: Data visualization experience (Tableau Preferred)
- Besides tangible skills, this position will also require the person to
- Have high attention to details.
- Be a team player and have the ability to collaborate well across diverse functional groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to manage and communicate the health and integrity of the data and systems.
- Ability to drive actionable, pragmatic solutions to ensure projects get done
What to Expect
Keywords: Tesla, Tracy , Quality Systems Engineer, Megafactory, Other , Lathrop, California
here to apply!