Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Overview Leprino Foods history dates to over 65 years ago, when
the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella
for local markets and eateries in Denver. Weve grown a bit since
then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and
lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still
owned by the Leprino family, weve set our sights to become the
Worlds Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company. To help us achieve
that ambitious vision, were looking for our secret ingredient:
motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do.
From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we
have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global
locations. Will you join us on our journey? We are seeking a Whey
Supervisor to help us continue our successful trend in the global
cheese and nutrition markets through quality of product and food
safety at our Tracy, California production facility.
Responsibilities: Provides guidance and direction to a team of
hourly employees in the Whey Department. Make solid decisions
pertaining to product quality, department safety, and department
efficiency for team. Monitor all aspects of their team in the Whey
Department including product testing, equipment operations, and
employee actions. Take accurate product inventories and schedule
employees to meet production needs. Builds an effective employee
team by engaging, mentoring, and developing direct reports. We Ask
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor
efficiency and ensure production needs are met.
- Leads and coaches team employees in Whey Department by
implementing programs in technical training, safety, quality,
communications, performance recognition and internal employee
development in order to ensure peak employee engagement and
- Builds and fosters strong working relationships, collaboration
within their team and a positive work environment.
- Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and
- Ensures team employees have completed all required
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
- Supervises the daily protein shift operations to ensure
production standards and quality parameters are met.
- Achieves targeted production volumes.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance
work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Implements plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a
safe working environment.
- Ensures work is accomplished in a safe manner and the workplace
is free of safety hazards.
- Provides employees with the training, equipment, and tools to
be able to safely perform their jobs.
- Leads and demonstrates safe practices.
- Participates in safety investigations and corrective
- Leads and executes the departments quality systems to achieve
- Oversees the sanitation program effectiveness to ensure food
safety standards are met in the department.
- Monitors team operations and makes recommendations for labor
and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality
- Executing to the Whey Departments financial performance goals
to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible
cost. We Offer in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance
bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit-Sharing plan we
hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and
outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
- An opportunity to reside in Tracy, CA, with a population of
85,000, a short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty
miles east of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all
the National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the
west. Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- Works in both the plant production environment which requires
walking, climbing, standing and in an office environment which
requires standing and sitting. This position is expected to spend
time out on the production floor observing operations and
interacting with employees.
- May be required to occasionally independently move and handle
objects up to 25 pounds. You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- College Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology, or other
related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing environment,
additional education may substitute experience where
- 1+ year of experience leading, mentoring, and/or delegating
work to others
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to
learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems We Hope You Also
Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Dairy/Cheese manufacturing experience
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to
perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information
about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com Leprino
Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal
Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Tracy , Whey Supervisor, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!