Senior Payroll Specialist
Company: Marley Spoon
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Marley Spoon is the new way to cook. We bring delightful, market
fresh and easy cooking back to the people while building a
sustainable supply chain for a waste-free world. Were a well-funded
and publicly listed company (ASX: MMM). We operate across 3
continents and in 8 countries with over +900 employees worldwide.
Being passionate foodies, we are using technology to reinvent the
global food supply chain to reduce food waste. In the end, its
simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking!
We are now looking for a knowledgeable Senior Payroll Specialist to
join the Marley Spoon People & Culture team. The successful
candidate ensures payroll is processed in a timely manner,
maintains compliance with tax laws, and balances and reconciles
payroll data. This exciting role will work collaboratively with
other key members of the People & Culture and Finance teams, and
reports directly to the Head of People & Culture.
As a Sr. Payroll Specialist, you will contribute to day-to-day
payroll operations for our employees across the US using different
technologies for both pay and time while ensuring compliance with
wage and hour and regulatory reporting requirements.
What you will do:
- Provide payroll support for 400 employees across 4 states and
ensure payroll is executed accurately and on time
- Preparing and resolving all reimbursements and taxable wages
- Undertake day-to-day payroll activity to ensure practical
knowledge and smooth running of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls
- Ensure accurate entry of employee salaries, reported hours,
deductions and withholding for 401(k), garnishment requests.
- Ensure that all timesheets are approved prior to payroll
- Execute LOAs from start to finish.
Payroll Tax and Compliance
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings are completed timely and
accurately, including the
- Work with tax agencies and payroll service providers to resolve
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant industry
regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
- Creating of new accounts with various federal, state, and local
agencies as required
- Work with team members to prepare year-end filings (W-2)
Employee Population Support
- Correctly respond to employee inquiries with current Company
policy and potential changes
- Bachelors Degree preferred with 2-4 years relevant multi-state
- Comprehensive knowledge of Payroll practice, laws, and
regulations across multiple states.
- Experience working with an integrated payroll or human
resources management system software application
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce and Kronos preferred
- Experience with payroll processing audits
- Familiarity with Human Resources procedures and record keeping
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, prioritize and and
successfully meet tight timeframes
- Team player with experience working in a collaborative work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven and analytical, ability to problem solve
- Proficient in both Google and Microsoft programs
- Comprehensive Benefits plan including medical, dental, vision,
- PTO package including 12 holidays, 5 learning and development
days, 20 vacation days (plus incremental vacation day add-ons at
- Free Martha Stewart & Marley Spoon subscription boxes
- Diverse and respectful work environment with over 50
- Growth mindset company values that encourage acquisition of
business acumen outside the scope of your function or
- Autonomy, entrepreneurialism, flat hierarchies
Keywords: Marley Spoon, Tracy , Senior Payroll Specialist, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!