Quality Assurance Technician
Company: Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Basalite Building Products, LLC is one of the largest
manufacturers of concrete masonry products in the Western United
States. Product lines include structural block, interlocking paving
stones, engineered wall systems, retaining walls, ornamental and
garden products, and a full range of sack goods. We are a proud
member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the
Quality Assurance Technicia supports the California Quality
Assurance Department in all areas of lab analysis completed. Is
responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of
Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and
Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Regularly tests incoming raw materials to ensure they meet or
exceed the stated quality requirements and are suitable for use in
manufacturing. Including sands, aggregates, pigments and
- Regularly tests finished concrete products in accordance with
- Reports any changes in raw materials or finished product to the
Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Routinely inspects production departments and finished
- Accurately documents lab test results and enter information
into a database.
- Tests products returned as part of any customer complaint to
confirm compliance/non-compliance and identify any sub-standard
procedures of processes involved.
- Collects samples for internal use and independent testing
- Maintains inventories of lab supplies and materials.
- Occasionally drives forklift.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set
forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that
hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); and, one (1) year-related experience in
laboratory procedures and/or training in laboratory testing
techniques; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of testing procedures for concrete products and aggregate
- Communication Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
employees and/or customers/vendors.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal
instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to operate a personal computer
plus related software and other various standard office machines
and equipment necessary to complete duties. Forklift Certification
with training preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, simple grasping
with both hands, and reaching with hands and arms below shoulder
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist; Lift and/or move
items weighing up to 60 pounds. Heavier weights with
- Regular attendance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty,
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive
compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance,
disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing
retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer and promote a drug free workplace
Keywords: Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc., Tracy , Quality Assurance Technician, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!