R&D Lab Technician
Company: California Natural Products
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The R&D Lab Technician is primarily responsible for
supporting all aspects of product development. This includes and is
not limited various analytical tests, set up and facilitate product
cuttings and managing lab day to day activities related to projects
and administrative support. The position is also responsible for
supporting plant trials and production audits, obtaining ingredient
and/or product samples, sample preparation, and shipment of
- Interact with R&D team to deliver bench, plant trial
samples and analytical results in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation, set-up, and test processing of
raw materials, finished products and retention samples.
- Analyzes data acquired through testing processes to determine
the suitability of raw ingredients/materials and participates in
process improvement regarding ingredient purchasing, sampling, and
- Support plant trial planning and execution as needed.
- Responsible for carefully reading and following batching
instructions to ensure appropriate materials are weighed, measured
to blending and mixing specifications.
- Support production trials and start-ups as needed.
- Assure technically sound product review panels are conducted
for product development, shelf-life studies, product improvement
and competitive testing.
- Maintains all laboratory equipment calibration records and
performs testing procedures daily to ensure customer and compliance
standards are met.
- Maintains assigned work area and production environment in
clean and orderly condition.
- Interact with cross functional teams to ensure assigned project
task are complete.
- Actively participates in team and cross functional meetings, as
- Ensures compliance with safety standards and with applicable
regulatory requirements while following the companys Good
- Gather, store, and manage incoming and retain samples (raw
material and finished product), update logs, track for development
use and manage proper disposal.
- Support lab activities including material inventory and
- Comply with department development and process protocols.
- Manage all aspects of sample shipment as needed for specified
projects and customers, including labeling, logging, and generating
shipping confirmation communications.
- Coordinates and executes retain, in-process, and production raw
material sample collection.
- Occasional weekend and off shift work will be required.
- Other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 Plus years of experience in a food laboratory, kitchen, or
food manufacturing environment
- Works well with a team and demonstrates accountability for
- Good mathematical calculations skills
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrated organization, attention to detail and observation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sense of
urgency, often with limited supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously while
maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to build credibility and appropriate rapport to
deliver results within a diverse team.
- Must be a proactive thinker who understands the process and
bigger picture goals.
- Ability to lift, carry and empty containers weighing up to 40
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions in the
- Prior food lab or food manufacturing experience.
- Associate degree in Sciences, Food Technology, Culinary (or
other science-based area of study) plus industry experience
Keywords: California Natural Products, Tracy , R&D Lab Technician, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!