Staff Automation & Controls Engineer
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Staff Automation & Control Engineer
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated candidate that has
extensive experience in industrial automation, with a focus on PLC
systems, communications architecture, and integration with robotics
and databases. This person must be capable of collaborating with
cross-functional teams and factory managers. The successful
candidate will have knowledge in manufacturing assembly systems, a
deep understanding of mechatronics, as well as exceptional
interpersonal, organizational and management skills, demonstrating
the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
- Report to Engineering Manager and lead implementation of design
standards for HMI, PLC, Automated Systems design and development
for manufacturing equipment.
- Interface with production staff on Automation & Control related
topics and issues.
- Lead or assist with projects and installations with regards to
control systems for production equipment.
- Lead efforts in continuous process optimization of automated
lines from controls perspective.
- Support maintenance and sustaining teams in troubleshooting
difficult equipment failures.
- Generate, modify, and approve electrical schematics created in
house or external to Tesla.
- Develop maintenance documentation, training programs, and lead
this training as pertaining to control systems.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution.
- Assist in risk assessments and implement findings.
- Lead and improve programming standards for PLC and Ignition
SCADA automated systems.
- Manage backup of automated machines and control systems.
- Lead efforts to optimize automated processes to maximize cycle
time and uptime.
- Lead efforts implement corrective actions for breakdowns and
chronic equipment failure.
- Act as liaison to IT department for Manufacturing Execution
Systems during development and implementation.
- Be competent and familiar with Fanuc robot programming and/or
integration with external control systems.
- BS/MS Mechatronic Engineering (or equivalent Engineering Degree
- Control Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Computer Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Automation & Control
Engineer or Robotics Engineer working on automation and/or
- Must be proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and
configuration. Allen-Bradley platforms (ControlLogix, CompactLogix,
MicroLogix) required. Siemens, Beckhoff is a plus.
- Must be proficient in HMI programming, troubleshooting, and
configuration. Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View & Ignition SCADA
- Must be proficient in Python, equivalent High-Level programming
language (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience managing people.
- Experience with robot programming (Fanuc), backup, and
- Experience with SQL, scripting, creating various reports, and
utilization of database tools.
- Experience with vision systems (Cognex, Datalogic, Fanuc
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical for developing electrical
- Experience deploying equipment to high volume
- Knowledge of production quality metrics and LEAN
- Experience presenting technical programs with excellent
communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Linux and Embedded control systems is a
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Tracy , Staff Automation & Controls Engineer, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!