Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Controls Engineer - Castings and CNC Machining
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in
industrial automation, with a focus on PLC systems, communications
architecture, and integration with robotics and databases. This
person must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams
and shop managers. The successful candidate will have knowledge in
Assembly systems, as well as exceptional interpersonal,
organizational and management skills, demonstrating the ability to
be an innovator and change agent.
- Develop programming standards for PLC and automated
- Responsibility for backing up and maintaining all equipment
- Shop lead person for all projects and installations with regard
to control systems for production equipment.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting
difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Act as shop liaison to IT department for MES (Manufacturing
Execution System) development and implementation. (product
- Oversee maintenance, electrical and PLC projects, verify proper
- Instruct and manage supplier and equipment buyoffs
- Conduct risk assessments and implement finding
- HMI programming and system development
- Generate, develop electrical drawings. Buyoff on electrical
drawings from contractors
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics engineering degree
or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Experience with IDRA Die Cast Equipment is highly desired
- 2+ years of extensive experience with industrial equipment
controls, interfaces, and communication protocols.
- Must be proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and
configuration. Experience with various Allen-Bradley or Siemens
platforms is highly desirable.
- HMI programming skills
- Experience with robot programming, backup and restoration
- Experience creating various reports and database tools for
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and
e-mail programs. CAD is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing is highly desired.
- ACAD experience in developing electrical schematics
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Tracy , Controls Engineer, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!