Company: California Natural Products
Posted on: June 9, 2021
As an Advanced Machine Operator, the Filler Operator is
responsible for operating multiple machine systems and for
obtaining/maintaining a State of California Filler Operators
license. The Filler Operator is required to operate equipment in
accordance with manufactures standards, the quality and SOP
standards of CNP and in compliance with State and Federal
regulations. Additionally, they are responsible for the quality of
produced product and must be active in the operational maintenance
of the system. This is a highly technical role that requires a high
degree of problem solving. The filler operator position is
responsible for the operational leadership of the filling line.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must operate equipment to OSHA, Manufacturer and CNP safety
- Operate the Filling Machine in compliance with operational
- Gain and maintain current the technical knowledge required to
consistently operate Filling Machines at acceptable operational
levels and standards.
- Demonstrate DE (Distribution Equipment) skills and operating
knowledge of laser, accumulators, cappers, case packers, diagraph,
& conveying systems.
- Effective use of OM (Operating Manuals) daily.
- Lead the line pair to achieve optimal safety, quality, LU/LE,
and minimize waste.
- Adhere to materials FIFO (First In - First Out) returning
product correctly and timely.
- Conduct package integrity during production according to
quality inspection process and take necessary corrective
- Carry out assigned AM standards on fillers and coordinate
successful AM of entire line pair DE.
- Train other operators in all proper procedures and best
practices so they become proficient.
- Fill/out and maintain real time state machine logs and all CNP
documentation to include stops and reason in PLC and written
formats. Must be able to read and must write legibly.
- Use data collected to analyze and drive machine/quality
continuous improvement actions.
- Conduct production as scheduled and in compliance with CNP work
orders to assure that product, codes and material are matched.
- Manage a variety of critical tasks in a sequence that maintains
- Communicate effectively information required to carry out job
and necessary interaction with team members, management, and
- Anticipate needs and accelerate process of rectifying quality
and downtime issues for the line pair and DE equipment.
- Filler operator must maintain a clean and neat environment
surrounding their area and DE lines. Effectively implement 5S
process throughout their line pair.
- Must be able to effectively perform basic math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret MSDS sheets.
- Adhere to GMPs and CNP food safety standards. Must work in a
manner supporting of CNP policies, procedures, values, and
- Perform other duties as assigned
Leadership Responsibilities (Management & Team Leaders
Standards, Licenses, Registration and Certifications:
- State of California license for Tetra Pak filler.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each of the essential skills and abilities satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the skills
and/or abilities required.
- Teamwork and Professionalism team spirited, exhibits
objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes
feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and
objectives; supports everyones efforts to succeed. Approaches
others in a tactful and professional manner; reacts well under
pressures; treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position; reacts with sensitivity toward
emotional topics and issues; behaviours support CNP core values
(per Employee Handbook).
- Oral and Written Communication speaks clearly and persuasively
in positive or negative situations; listens and obtains
clarification; responds well to questions; participates in
meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling
and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity and Ethics shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a
harassment-free environment. Treats people with respect; keeps
commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Dependability is consistently at work and on time as
scheduled; demonstrates good use of discretionary time; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions; responds
to management direction; takes responsibility for actions; keeps
commitments; completes tasks on time.
- Interpersonal Skills open and honest, focuses on solving
conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to
others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains
open to the ideas of others. Treats people fairly; works well in
group problem solving situations; develops/champions new ideas;
asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General mechanical skills a plus
- Food Industry knowledge helpful
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions
Keywords: California Natural Products, Tracy , Filler Operator, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!