Materials Technician II
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Howmet Fastening Systems is looking for a Materials Technician
II in our Shipping department. Pick and process orders to be
shipped according to sales order. Utilize appropriate material
handling equipment to load trucks. This position will be based in
our Tracy, CA plant.
Howmet Aerospace, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is
a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the
aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of
more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable
ground transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com.
Follow @howmet: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and
Howmet Fastening Systems, a business unit of Howmet Aerospace,
holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening
systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial
transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening
systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our
products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines,
automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction
and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; HFS
employs over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 31 locations.
- Pick order from appropriate location in warehouse.
- Using highlighted information on pick list, perform other tasks
pertaining to the sales order. This may include, lot number,
certificate of conformance, material test reports, country of
origin, or special labels needed.
- Invoice the customer for items in the correct quantity using
- Check order for accuracy; part number, quantity, special
instructions, etc. for other operators.
- Package items that were picked in a manner that minimizes the
potential for damage in transit.
- Utilize shipping method software, e.g., UPS, FedEx, etc.; to
process packages to be shipped.
- For orders to be shipped by truck, use Best Shipper program to
determine carrier and complete Bill of Lading
- Load trucks
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance
with established safety and environmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to complete training and become certified to process
export shipments is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and accurately perform routine math
- Ability to interact positively with other individuals to
function effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to operate basic computer systems and programs
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Minimum of High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- One-year experience in a distribution or manufacturing
- Prior experience operating forklifts is preferred.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Tracy , Materials Technician II, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!