TRACY DISTRIBUTION CENTER-6560A-TRACY-CA
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and
drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes
2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 17 manufacturing
plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the
District of Columbia. The company is proud to have supermarkets
across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons,
Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky,
Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market
Street and Amigos.
The NorCal Distribution Center, located in Tracy, California has
an opening for an Industrial Engineer -- Supply Operations.
This position is responsible for measuring the efficient flow of
product through Distribution Center departments from receiving to
delivery to retail stores. Duties include, but aren't limited to,
acting as a liaison between distribution center management and
central procurement/supply chain departments; seeking opportunities
to reduce costs and improve income through a systematic review of
distribution processes; tactical and strategic planning; and
developing method enhancements to sustain continuous
- Conduct industrial engineering time studies.
- Establish computer based productivity labor standards.
- Develop methods for tracking and reporting warehouse and
transportation key performance indicators.
- Train operation staff on techniques of work sampling and
engineer standards and development.
- This includes how to thoroughly investigate issues or
complaints that come up and how to check their validity.
- Conduct labor training orientation at division level.
- Analyze and develop distribution cost improvement
- Evaluate and advise distribution management on potential
- Conduct labor audits and time studies to validate and ensure
the reasonableness and soundness of all implemented Labor
- Facilitation of lean events and audit for compliance for Lean /
- Assist with the maintenance of drop zones for
- Develop and facilitate management training sessions.
- Audit and ensure selector accuracy for the division.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related
- 3-5 years experience in Industrial Engineering. MOST
Certification a plus.
- Experience with labor standards.
- In depth knowledge of Warehousing and Transportation
- Thorough understanding of computer systems and the ability to
generate reports and findings.
- Experience with implementing engineered labor standards in a
union environment preferred.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems highly
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong mathematical/statistical analysis skills including
statistical analysis and simulation skills.
- Strong ability in public speaking and presentation.
- SQL/VBA/R/Python/general coding skills strongly preferred
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting www.safeway.com/careers
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different
strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and
valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our
customers and our communities is only possible through the
diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better
teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and
other conditions of employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital
status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER