Company: California Natural Products
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Downstream Operator is responsible for operation of all DE
(Distribution Equipment) on the Aseptic Production packaging lines.
The Downstream Operator must know and become familiar with multiple
machines. The duties begin at the accumulator and go through the
elevator or hand stacking station. The Downstream Operator is also
responsible for keeping the production lines stocked with raw or
packaging material as needed. This position is responsible for all
quality linked to the installation of caps, shrink wrap, diagraph
labels and cases as well as package quality such as top codes. Must
effectively troubleshoot and perform AM (Autonomous Maintenance) on
all DE equipment. Must also maintain a clean and orderly work area;
complying with all GMP and 5S requirements. This position requires
the use of a forklift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operations to standards on the following:
Accumulator, Diagraph, Laser, Caser, Capper, Straw Applicator,
Shrink Wrapper, Mead, and Elevator.
- Works as part of a team to deliver results as related to their
area of responsibility
- Works with the Team leads to ensure all members of the DE crew
are constantly improving and complying with CNP processes
- Carry out assigned AM standards on all machines listed
- Conduct quality checks in accordance with CNP SOPs (Standard
Operating Procedures) and takes corrective action.
- Effectively trouble shoot, make adjustments, and communicate
problem statements to supervisors, team leads, maintenance, and
other team members.
- Must maintain a work area that complies with all GMP and 5S
- Hand stacks cases off conveyor when necessary.
- Participate in improvement efforts.
- Keep all areas from the accumulator to elevator clean and
- Follow Lockout/Tag out Policy at all times.
- Accurately document and maintain any critical parameters needed
to efficiently produce quality product.
- Must effectively perform basic math calculation.
- Operate forklift in accordance with CNP Safe Forklift Operating
- Keep production lines stocked with raw/packaging materials as
needed at all times.
- Ensure correct and accurate Material movement processes for the
area e.g. Changeovers, end of production returns etc.
- Manage and direct Temp Labor on your DE area
- Ability to read and interpret MSDS sheets.
- Adhere to GMPs. Must work in a manner supporting CNP policies,
procedures, values, and behaviours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Standards, Licenses, Registration and Certifications:
- Forklift Certification/License
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each of the essential skills and abilities satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the skills
and/or abilities required.
- Teamwork and Professionalism team spirited, exhibits
objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes
feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and
objectives; supports everyones efforts to succeed. Approaches
others in a tactful and professional manner; reacts well under
pressures; treats others with respect and consideration regardless
of their status or position; reacts with sensitivity toward
emotional topics and issues; behaviours support CNP core values
(per Employee Handbook).
- Oral and Written Communication speaks clearly and persuasively
in positive or negative situations; listens and obtains
clarification; responds well to questions; participates in
meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling
and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity and Ethics shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a
harassment-free environment. Treats people with respect; keeps
commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Dependability is consistently at work and on time as
scheduled; demonstrates good use of discretionary time; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions; responds
to management direction; takes responsibility for actions; keeps
commitments; completes tasks on time.
- Interpersonal Skills open and honest, focuses on solving
conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to
others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains
open to the ideas of others. Treats people fairly; works well in
group problem solving situations; develops/champions new ideas;
asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General mechanical skills a plus
- Food Industry knowledge helpful
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions
Keywords: California Natural Products, Tracy , Line Operator, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!