Field Services Technician III
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of
brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food
retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the
professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people,
we have locations across the U.S.
The Northern California Division Information Technology
Department has an opening for a Field Services Technician III. This
position will service backstage & retail locations in and around
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support standard hardware platforms and systems installed
throughout Safeway plants, distribution centers, district offices
and retail locations.
- Repair all approved standard technology hardware including
PC/server hardware, network hardware, multi-function printers,
scales, & point of sale equipment.
- Provide complete recoverability of systems and
- Trouble shoot resolution.
- Installation of new hardware and software.
- Provide customers with IT support; meet goals for service level
- Provide network and remote connectivity (hardware/software)
- Maintain equipment inventory controls and policies.
- Work with Support Center (STSC) on assignment of problems,
support issues and concerns with computer systems.
- Interface with all Corporate IT groups for on-site support and
- Adhere to repair standards and service levels established.
- Driving required for this Zone Service Area.
- High school graduate, BA/BS degree preferred or 3+ year's
technical/training/hardware certifications preferred.
- Information Technology project implementation exposure with 5+
year's technical systems and 2+ years of technical support
- 2+ years retail business experience preferred.
- 2+ years' experience with retail store systems, technology
systems and hardware preferred.
- 2+ years' experience with installation and configuration of
desktop and peripheral technology preferred.
- Excellent telephone, customer service and problem-solving
skills with the ability to gather important information to resolve
high pressure issues/situations (for remote locations)
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with the
ability to effectively present technical information and tailor
responses for customer understanding.
- Working knowledge of IT hardware, installation models, Windows,
MS Office, and related applications.
- iOS and Android knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written/verbal instructions,
defines problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a strong
collaborative partner in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a
strong aptitude for delivering quality products under minimal
- Understanding of how hardware/software systems
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, some
twisting and turning with equipment installs.
- Must have a good, safe driving record. Must have a
- Solid mechanical skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, day, evening and
overnight in a 24/7 on call support capacity.
- Strong sense of urgency, business ethics, dependability and
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in
retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our
team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a
retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in
the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and
delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment
during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an
inclusive working environment where the different strengths and
perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We
believe that building successful relationships with our customers
and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our
people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment,
training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require
applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test
before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Safeway, Tracy , Field Services Technician III, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!