Casual Clerk part time
Company: YRC Worldwide
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Casual Clerk (Union) will perform various office support and
administrative functions for the Operations/Facility Manager and
their management staff. Support the functions of the office through
various tasks and duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform clerical assignments in accordance with established
procedures and under general instruction.
- Perform money-related functions including preparation of bank
deposits and driver collect bills to assure positive cash flow for
the facility and corporation. OS&D (Overages, Shortages, and
Damages) including yard and dock checks, claims assistance,
cashiering and customer service duties as required.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing shipments are correct, including
paperwork, tracking and expediting shipments.
- Handle hazardous material breakouts, bills of lading,
manifests, and all other related shipping and receiving documents
to ensure accuracy and government compliance.
- Compile data for routing reports, as directed.
- Post information to records, prepare invoices and sort and
- Review and maintain various reports and ensure proper
authorization for company functions and purchases are
- Assist in the administration and office support functions by
maintaining office records, personnel files and answering routine
questions about company policy.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g.,
people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to
change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and
collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate
interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with
customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way
that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a
team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization
- Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Some college or related training.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors.
Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or
standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to
perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional
lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, are an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, Tracy , Casual Clerk part time, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!