Process Technician - Service Distribution
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The ProcessTechnicianfor Service Distribution will The IE
technicians will work with the industrial engineering and
operations team to assist with all activities in the scope of
service process engineering team. Response to process issues,
downtime tracking and resolution, work on yield improvement
projects, and qualifying new equipment and processes that are being
introduced into the distribution center. Perform supporting
activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean
manufacturing activities, yield improvement, scrap reduction,
material handling improvements, WMS configurations and safety
procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a team
player in a collaborative work environment. Ability to work
off-shifts and weekends as needed.
- Cycle time studies for direct functions and validations for the
ones we have data on (as needed)
- Work hand-in-glove with operations to understand recurring
challenges, collect data, and work with the team on improvement
- Assist with Rapid Improvement Events. Aim for 2-3 events per
- Assist with IE functions of capacity and headcount
- Work with the training team to create SOPs and update SOPs as
the process changes
- Work with WMS team to validate the new WMS features, conduct
preliminary troubleshooting and escalate to WMS support team if
- Work with SIP team to validate the SIP compliance, make sure we
are receiving the parts in SIP, and the part label makes sense to
the pickers and packers
- Conduct the gap time study, identify the reasons why the
associates had to stop working and generated downtime
- Associates Degree in Engineering or some technical certificate
is a plus.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive,
team oriented work environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial
- Skilled at root cause analysis preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio,
- As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits
from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Keywords: Tesla, Tracy , Process Technician - Service Distribution, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!