Company: Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Basalite Building Products, LLC is one of the largest
manufacturers of concrete masonry products in the Western United
States. Product lines include structural block, interlocking paving
stones, engineered wall systems, retaining walls, ornamental and
garden products, and a full range of sack goods. We are a proud
member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of
Under the supervision of the Costing and Business Process
Manager, the Accounting Clerk/Dispatcher supports the California
Admin Services and California Customer Service departments in all
areas of accounting and office support functions as well as
temporarily supporting the logging in and checking all inbound and
outbound loads (transportation/customer service). This position is
responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of
Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and
Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Receiving department backup.
- Adheres to established Accounts Payable protocol as
- Matches invoices to appropriate receiver tags (and purchase
orders when applicable).
- Reviews invoices for quantity and pricing accuracy and works to
- Ensures that appropriate account coding is used and that
required managerial approvals are obtained.
- Scans all invoices and backup paperwork for in-house invoice
- Files all invoices and purchase orders in appropriate
- Responds to vendor telephone calls/inquiries.
- Assists employees with outgoing telephone calls, two-way radio
contacts, and pages.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls promptly and
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Assists in overseeing transportation, taking orders and
- Matches and checks pick-ups and deliveries.
- Checks inventory and participates in semi-annual inventory
count, two Saturdays a year.
- Assists in any research or special projects as needed.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set
forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that
hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
(1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and/or
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Must be able to operate a personal computer plus related
software and other various standard office machines and equipment
necessary to complete duties. Working knowledge of SAP software
preferred. Ability to operate 10-key adding machine, copier,
facsimile machine and any other office equipment required to
- Working knowledge of trucking, transportation and customer
- Regular attendance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, climbing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and
- Frequently required to use hands to handle or feel; Reach with
hands and arms; Talk and listen; Stand, walk, and sit.
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist; Lift and/or move
up-to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office environment with moderate noise.
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive
compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance,
disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing
retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer and promote a drug free workplace
Keywords: Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc., Tracy , Accounting Clerk/Dispatcher, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!