Company: Albertsons Companies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food
and drug retailers with 1,300+ stores. The Safeway family of brands
includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with
a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism,
diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations
across the U.S.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive
working environment where the different strengths and perspectives
of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that
building successful relationships with our customers and our
communities is only possible through the diversity of our people.
And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Supply Operations Northern California Division Distribution
Center has an opening for a Warehouse Supervisor. This position is
located in Tracy, CA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan warehouse work operations in accordance with shipments,
received, store orders, perish-ability, and stock rotation
- Schedule and assign warehouse crew and equipment to meet
schedules to handle daily volume efficiently.
- Supervise warehouse crews in a unionized environment.
- Supervise truck loading, order selecting and receiving.
- Ability to coach, train and lead work teams to achieve
performance as it relates to specialization in receiving,
processing, storage, order assembly or loading.
- Ensure adherence to Safeway policies, procedures and
- Take inventories as required. Report and clear indications of
"out of stock" or "overstocked" conditions developing.
- Administrative duties as related to warehouse functions.
- Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment
through compliance of safety programs.
- Supervise minor maintenance and sanitation as needed.
- Involved in and recommend hiring, promotions, terminations,
performance appraisals and labor standards.
- Maintain a high level of customer service for retail and public
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment.
- Strive for fast continuous systematic planned improvement.
- 4 year college degree in Logistics, Business, or related field
- 3-5 years experience in warehousing.
- 2-4 years previous supervisory experience in warehousing
- Understanding of warehouse regulations regarding quality and
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of
initiative and flexibility.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Considerable initiative and frequent analysis necessary in
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to the
business and hold associates accountable for the same.
- Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations
and reduce costs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building
- Must possess the following traits: proactive, risk taker,
change agent and strong sense of courage.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
- Able to supervise a medium size group of warehouse
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and
- Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
Posting closes November 3, 2019
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Albertsons Companies, Tracy , Warehouse Supervisor, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!