At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to
empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose
to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier,
healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then
you'd fit in great with us!
We are looking for an Inventory Control Specialist to join our
Tracy, CA distribution center.
Hours will be Monday-Friday. Start time could range from
Minimum starting pay is $22.45/hr
The Inventory Control Specialist will count, track and issue
materials to internal and external customers. This position is a
"hands on" position with an administrative component. The incumbent
is expected to work independently with limited supervision. In
addition, the role would typically retrieve, organize, analyze data
and make informed recommendations to management.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate Inventory Control Activities (Weekly Cycle Counts of
Floor Stock, Inventory Adjustments as required and Root Cause
- Understand the impact of Inventory Adjustments on
- Create Inventory Reports for Internal SCM use
- Perform Inventory Transfers with ERP Computer System
- Perform restocking of new and existing service trucks with
personal protection equipment (PPE), PTR Components (parts, labels)
or competitor parts as determined by Service Management
- Assist or independently verify inventory accuracy of service
trucks during annual physical inventory.
- Have a set work schedule, but must be flexible to work a
variety of hours to meet the needs of the service division
- Be comfortable using Material Handling Equipment (Forklift,
Hand Jacks, Scissor lift, etc.)
What you'll need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma)
equivalency, plus 3 years related experience
- Must have a reliable transportation
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and
- Basic understanding of ERP Systems (SAP a plus)
- Excellent Communication: verbal, email, written
- Working knowledge of the hydroponic industry (preferred)
- Experience working within a fast paced manufacturing
What we'll do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and
- Discounted gym memberships across the U.S.
- A highly energetic and fast paced environment at a rapidly
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 13 holidays
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career
opportunities and learn more about what it's like to work at
Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on
hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products
founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the
largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro,
NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors
without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an
energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of
highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening
with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight
Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop,
Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a
culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval
to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne
Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding
recruiter fees or referral compensations.