Company: Berry Global Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The EHS Coordinator will be responsible for overall coordination
and implementation of environmental, health, and safety programs to
ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and company
policies. Responsible for supporting the environmental, safety and
health related efforts for the site, including participation in all
safety improvement process activities for the facility. Champion
and support EHS implementation of programs, campaigns, and
initiatives by: challenging plant employees to be active
participants in pursuing EHS excellence; promoting consideration of
EHS implications in all plant projects and activities; providing
positive reinforcement and coaching to employees; and continually
demonstrating appropriate behavior and leading by example. The
position has EHS responsibility for their single facility.
- Drive awareness and accountability for environmental, health
and safety performance through all levels of the site.
- Champion employee empowerment to identify and address safety
concerns, and generate new ideas related to safety and health.
- Promote and participate in employee involvement programs such
as project teams, committees, and internal training.
- Participate in plant incident and plant non-conformance
investigations, determine appropriate corrective actions and
preventative actions, and ensure closure of actions. Reapply key
learnings and recommendations from global incidents as
- Participate in emergency preparedness planning and response
- Participate in internal and external inspections of the
facility to assess and ensure compliance with federal, state,
local, insurance and internal safety requirements
- Maintain ISO compliant safety and environmental compliance
records, including OSHA Logs and Permit Requirements
- Develop, create, track, and deliver safety training to
employees as required, including coordination of new hire and
external regulatory training.
- Effectively interact with all internal functional job levels
and with external agencies and resources in order to maximize the
effectiveness of the safety improvement process
- Conduct facility audits to identify hazardous
conditions/actions within the plant and recommend corrective
measures. Oversee Safety Concerns and Near Misses reported by
employees to ensure completion.
- Create/review/implement Policies, Risk Assessments, SOPs and
work instructions related to EHS in support of Berry EHS Program
and Regulatory Requirements
- Conduct Management of Change (MOC)/Pre-startup Safety Review
(PSSR) on new or modified equipment. Partner with project lead on
major facility changes to provide EHS input into project
- Provide regular EHS reports to management; identify trends by
analyzing injury/illness data and recommend corrective actions.
- Approve new chemical purchases and maintain SDS sheets, Hazard
Communication program and environmental reporting.
- Provide Front Line Leaders with Safety Topics for Daily, Weekly
and Monthly EHS meetings/talks.
- Assist in management of Contractor Management Program at the
- Assist in the administration of the Workers Compensation
- Perform other duties as directed by the Plant Director, VP of
Operations or Regional/Corporate EHS leadership.
- Maintain and increase professional knowledge and expertise
related to the fields of environmental protection, occupational
health, and industrial safety through annual professional
- Ability to travel 0-25% of the time.
- The above duties are representative of the nature and level of
the work and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Willingness and ability to provide 24/7 on call support for
- Applied knowledge and working understanding of federal/county
EHS requirements (i.e.; OSHA, EPA, NFPA), regulatory compliance,
experience with inspections, incident investigations, process
safety, contractor safety, EHS training, hazard reviews and job
- Knowledge of safety, industry hygiene and environmental testing
- Strong incident investigation, root cause analysis and
continuous improvement skills
- Direct EHS experience must include leading and influencing
industrial sites and organizations
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing and collaborative
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete
multiple tasks simultaneously.Takes responsibility for actions,
respects confidentiality, completes commitments on time, and uses
data to support decisions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 2021-10371
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Berry Global Group, Tracy , EH&S COORDINATOR, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!