Emergency Services Dispatcher
Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: May 3, 2021
See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
- Please note, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Agency is
operating in a maximum telework posture for all telework ready
employees occupying a telework eligible position.
- Dispatch all emergency and non-emergency police, fire and
- Provide advanced emergency medical dispatch life support
through pre-arrival instructions to callers.
- Operate and maintain all Dispatch Call Center equipment,
including State Police Systems to obtain criminal background
- Prepare and maintain reports and records relating to emergency
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
- Dispatchers, Fire
- Dispatchers, Police
- Fire Dispatchers
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable
suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be
applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must
be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-Employment Physical: Required
- Obligated Position: Yes. This is an obligated position and
occupancy is subject to the return of the former incumbent. If
former incumbent fails to return to the position, occupancy may
- Term Appointment: Yes. Term Appointment may be converted to
permanent (See Requirements).
- Mission Essential Position: Yes. This is a mission essential
(ME) position. The incumbent may be required to report to work in
the event of a natural disaster, inclement weather, or crisis.
To qualify for an Emergency Services Dispatcher your resume and
supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience
that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully
perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to
this position. To qualify at the GS-06 level, applicants must
possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05
level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service,
military, or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility
requirements including minimum qualifications, and any other
regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the
announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Answering 911 calls
- Operating and maintaining emergency services dispatch
- Documenting records, logs and maintaining complex reports.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Incumbent must successfully complete any and
all required training, to include being certified at the
Telecommunicator I & II levels and Hazardous Material Awareness
within 9 months of being placed in this position. Failure to do so
may result in removal from federal service.
Within one year, incumbent must obtain and maintain Cardio
Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and Emergency Medical
Dispatch (EMD) certification.
- Within six months, incumbent must obtain certification to
operate the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System
(CLETS), in accordance with CLETS Policies, Practices and
Procedures (PPPs) (Section 1.8 - Training) and the National Crime
Information Center (NCIC) Operating Manual (Section 3 - Quality
Control, Validation, and Other Procedures).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized
experience for this grade level.
Keywords: Department of Defense, Tracy , Emergency Services Dispatcher, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!