Material Handler Trainee 2 AB b
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.
The Gal-Xe1 Material Handler Trainee is responsible for ensuring
materials and equipment are prepared and/or staged prior to each
product cycle. This individual deposits specified materials into
hoppers, loads bulk products, monitors and adds wax and dye to
system, fills bulk bags, labels and stages finished product, and
keeps work/processing area clean and free of trip/slip hazards.
- Responsible for weighing and inputting materials into hoppers
according to work orders. Prevents contamination by cleaning
equipment after each product change.
- Monitors wax level and adds wax when needed according to
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Stages MDI and Polyol totes. Monitors temperature and covers
totes as required per SOP. Monitors levels of MDI and Polyol totes
and changes out totes as required according to SOP.
- Adds dye to Polyol totes according to SOP.
- Inspects and cleans operating units including, but not limited
to screens, spray nozzles, drums, etc. Responsible for lock out/tag
out procedures as necessary.
- Uses sandblaster to clean screens and coating drums.
- Performs Gal-Xe1 Material Handler duties in other areas of the
Materials Management Department as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment; shovels product
spillage into appropriate bins, moves, and stages materials and
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all
rules and regulations, and continuously practices safety while
- Performs and logs preventive maintenance (PM) on forklift and
front-end loader to include, but not limited to visual checks,
checking fluid levels, and ensuring all safety items (seat belt,
horn, lights) are working properly prior to use
- Wears the appropriate PPE, including but not limited to
steel-toed boots, safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, and
gloves at all times. Additional PPE including, but not limited to
face shield, dust mask, Tyvek suit, etc. is required based on
specific job duties, chemicals, or equipment being used.
- High school diploma or GED; or an equivalent combination of
education, training and experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months related experience and/or training in
warehousing, distribution, or manufacturing environment.
- Basic math skills; ability to take weights, measurements and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to use
computerized touch-screen scale.
- Knowledge of tools and operating equipment used in the plant;
ability to operate various hand tools.
- Ability to recognize all raw products.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; team
player with strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage difficult situations and respond promptly to
- Excellent verbal skills, time management skills, and attention
to detail; ability to approach and interact with others in a
- Ability to operate front-end loader, fork lift, and/or other
equipment as needed; valid driver’s license required.
- May be required to work overtime, 12-hour shifts, rotating
weekends, holidays and/or varying shifts.
- Required to maintain reliable, regular attendance.
This job requires the ability to work rotating shifts in excess of
eight hours per day to include weekends and off-duty hours to reach
operational goals and compliance requirements in a plant that
operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Must have the
ability to operate a front-end loader, forklift, and/or other
motorized equipment. This individual is required to climb stairs on
a regular basis, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, grip,
push, pull, move, and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of
50 pounds. This individual may be required to sit or stand for
extended periods of time while monitoring data. Required to reach
over shoulder/head/outward while using tools.
Working in this plant operations environment requires the use of
PPE to include but not limited to; safety glasses, hearing
protection, acid suit, Tyvek suit, dust mask, work boots, hard hat,
face shields, respiratory protective equipment, and uniforms. This
job is subject to variation in noise levels and temperature changes
due to weather conditions and/or close proximity to the coating
drum. Frequent vibration from equipment will be experienced. While
performing the duties of this job, this individual is frequently
exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles,
toxic or caustic chemicals. Loose fitting clothing, open toed/heal
shoes and the wearing of contact lenses are not permitted.
Job Requisition ID:3354
Location(s):AB Plant - Lathrop
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status,
marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at
Keywords: Simplot, Tracy , Material Handler Trainee 2 AB b, Other , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!