Posted on: April 27, 2021
Reliability, , and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Managers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working
to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we
need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The Manager will lead a team of facilities associates, as well as
potentially supervise Area Managers, and will ensure a safe working
environment for all.
• Support the Operations team by working in a safe,
customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and
• Develop and design innovative solutions to difficult problems,
manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
• Handle multiple internally- and externally-sponsored projects and
daily activities, manage and meet deadlines, and develop & track
plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
• Work with local site department leadership to understand,
implement, and audit programs. Ensure that all programs and
procedures are followed.
• Develop and maintain programs and good working relationships with
• Facilitate technical and training, as well as help to develop
professional development of departmental technicians.
• Mentor all technicians by motivating and providing direction to
help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go
above and beyond.
• Develop department business plans and provide guidance and
direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
• Work with site Finance team to develop, set and track
• Participate in and support efficiency improvement Kaizen
activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
• Develop capital spending plans, facilitate cross-functional
planning and perform cost analysis.
• Own and promote excellent housekeeping.
• Participate in weekly network calls and periodic Manager off-site
• Candidates must have the ability to provide specific, enriched
feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates
with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to
• 5+ years’ experience in the distribution or manufacturing field
with equivalent experience in the mechanical or field.
• A completed Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (, ,
Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon
• Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
• Experience in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- and reading
- Preventive procedures
- PC literary
• Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate
effectively, both in writing and verbally with , Operations,
Engineering, Sr. , peers, contractors and vendors
• Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
• Six Sigma Certification
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon, Tracy , Maintenance Manager, Other , Banta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!