Forming Process Specialist -Tracy, CA
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Who we are:Remember the last time you opened a bottle of
champagne? A cold beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of
sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was
probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass
containers than anyone in the world.O-I has more than a century of
experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass
packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage
brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for
beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and
pharmaceuticals.With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled
footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly
global maker of glass packaging.From engineering and manufacturing
to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to
providing unique solutions to exceed our customers' expectations
and fuel consumers' desire for glass.Your Role:As a Forming Process
Specialist, you will be responsible for performing technical duties
and developing techniques to correct low efficiency jobs and to
correct hot end operating defects. In this role, you will have a
broad responsibility of improving overall production
efficiencies.Your Responsibilities:3-5 Years' Experience (Grade
- Analyzes basic forming process data points, including but not
limited to blank temperatures, gob length, front zone glass
temperatures, gob weight controller settings, XPAR IR-D reports and
commonly manipulated timing values for deviations and suggests
corrections as necessary.
- Tracks performance of jobs and works with other plant subject
matter experts to determine root cause and corrective actions for
low performance or poor quality.
- Inspects ware from active production lines daily for issues
with appearance and defects, reports issues to appropriate
personnel and assists with remediation activities.
- Provides basic support to stabilize and improve job performance
during job changes.
- Provides basic scheduling and technical support during common
preventative maintenance activities including but not limited to
section unit changes, section PMs, expendable refractory
replacement, combustion filter replacement, conditioning burner
maintenance and mechanism replacement.
- Ensures that plant safety rules, company policies and
procedures are adhered to and enforced.6-10 Years' Experience
(Grade 8) All duties indicated in Grade 7 including the following:
- Provides forming technical support and assistance to the
Production Manager, Mold and Machine Repair Supervisor, Shift
Leaders, FMU Leaders, Tank Leaders and other production
- Analyzes advanced forming process data points including but not
limited to complete refiner and forehearth temperatures,
combustion, machine cooling curves and slopes, complete machine
timing maps across all plant processes, air pressures, machine
water and lubrication settings and suggests changes to improve
process stability and efficiency.
- Manages training skills matrices and assists in training of new
hot end personnel.
- Oversees and manages job change paperwork, creation &
maintenance of job histories, and provides advanced technical
assistance in job change startup and stabilization to achieve plant
PTPS and JCI performance goals.
- Spot checks mold equipment for abnormal ware or condition
issues relating to process and setup issues on I.S. machine
- Provides basic support in use and setup of forming process
control systems including but not limited to inverters, drive
systems, servo systems, DPCC's, sweep out systems and weight
- Has proficiency in bottle handling & systems such as sweep
outs, curve chain transfers, lehr loaders and machine conveyors.
11-15+ Years' Experience (Grade 9)All duties indicated in Grade 8
including the following:
- Works closely with Batch and Furnace, Mold and Machine Repair,
Quality and Batch and Furnace to suggest improvements to bottle
design mold equipment to improve efficiency, reduce weight and/or
- Provides advanced knowledge and support of technically advanced
hot end operations including but not limited to servo mechanism
tuning and troubleshooting, machine flexing, new job timing / event
mapping / setup, spout changes, forehearth controller tuning,
combustion inspirator maintenance.
- Plan and present future requirements including training to
ensure the Plant keeps abreast of current trends in technology and
processes to achieve an efficient operation.
- Provides long term strategy for improvement of forming
operations to achieve budgetary and performance goals.
- Consistently investigates lowest efficiency jobs, engages other
facilities to determine process changes required to improve
performance, leads forming team members to execute changes and
tracks / reports performance improvements to leadership.
- Fully engaged and proficient in continuous improvement
methodologies such as lean manufacturing & six sigma and utilizes
these tools to deliver measurable value.Position
Requirements:Reporting Relationships:In this role, you will report
to the Production Manager.About You:
- High School diploma required
- Associate degree in Engineering or Business preferred, or 3-5
years related experience.
- An understanding of mold repair and machine repair technology
and their relationship to Forming function.What We Offer:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution &
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more---If you are smart, passionate, innovative,
culturally open, curious and collaborative, we'd like to hear from
you.O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that
attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture
that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while
encouraging growth and rewarding performance.Must be able to
perform the essential functions of the job with or without
reasonable accommodations.Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on
a full-time basis.O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
or in order to perform the essential functions of a position,
please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.
Keywords: Owens-Illinois, Tracy , Forming Process Specialist -Tracy, CA, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!