Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: June 19, 2020
OverviewLeprino Foods' history dates to over 65 years ago, when
the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella
for local markets and eateries in Denver. We've grown a bit since
then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and
lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still
owned by the Leprino family, we've set our sights to become the
"World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company." To help us
achieve that ambitious vision, we're looking for our secret
ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what
they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early
1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16
global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
We are seeking a Processing Supervisor to help us continue our
successful trend in the global cheese and nutrition markets through
quality of product and food safety at our Tracy, California
production facility.We Ask Of You To:
- Supervise the daily shift operations to ensure production
standards and quality parameters are met, initiate maintenance work
orders to minimize production downtime, and oversee the sanitation
program effectiveness to ensure food safety standards are met in
- Provide guidance and direction to a team of hourly employees in
the Processing Department.
- Build an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and
- Plan and schedule daily staffing needs to maximize labor
efficiency and ensure production needs are met.
- Lead and coach team by implementing programs in technical
training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition
and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee
engagement and productivity.
- Build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration
within the team, and a positive work environment.
- Recommend and implement cost savings and quality improvements
to improve labor and manufacturing efficiencies.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance
bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan - we
hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and
outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Tracy, CA, with a population of 85,000, a
short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty miles east
of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all the
National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology, or related
field, or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in food manufacturing
- One (1) plus year of experience leading, mentoring, and
delegating work to others.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to
learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning/time management skills and balancing of
- Working knowledge of food safety and sanitation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Dairy or cheese manufacturing experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing
A career with Leprino Foods means you'll be part of a worldwide
family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products
that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your
contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further
our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn
more about our processing career path.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to
perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information
about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Tracy , Supervisor, Processing, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!