Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: March 17, 2020
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when Jim
Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local
markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver.
We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading
producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino
family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and
Ingredient Company." To help us achieve our daring vision, we're
looking for the secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who
is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery
store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees
throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our
Within our nine nationwide manufacturing facilities (in California,
New Mexico, Colorado, Michigan, and New York), we have created a
new development program seeking Operations Supervisors for our
Cheese manufacturing teams to continue moving our organization to
even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production
efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best",
it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
APPLICANTS TAKE NOTE: Dairy foods manufacturing can be a more
complex operation than most other food manufacturing industries,
and Leprino Foods is one of the world's leading cheese
manufacturers both in technology, food safety/quality, and
processes. If you are an existing Production Supervisor that is
looking to advance your career don't hesitate to reach out. We
promise this won't be a lower or lateral move! Base salaries start
as high as $67,000 for this position.
We Ask of You To:
- With coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the
Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all
production processes from start-up to shut-down and is expected to
be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality,
safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department
- As part of your development process, Operations Supervisors are
also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance
throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment
operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet
- The Operations Supervisor will assist in building an effective
employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team
members when applicable.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes
which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as
defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the
production department rotation by supporting and implementing
programs in training, safety, communications, performance
recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure
peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production
standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance
work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for
labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality
- Executes to the department's financial performance goals to
assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance
and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department's quality
systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor
efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships,
collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Turn your passion into impact? At Leprino we are dedicated to
producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish millions
of families around the world. It's a big responsibility and we hope
you're up for it.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems,
continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not
the exception. Take ownership of your career - it's yours to grow
if you're willing to put the work in.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and
resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- Real career stability, leadership experience, and an
ever-learning environment in our state-of-the-art operations. You
will play a leading part with the most technologically advanced
dairy foods company in the nation. Our proprietary processing
technologies are almost a decade ahead of even our closest
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for
the long-term. Leprino couldn't be where it is today without our
incredible workforce. That's why we share in our success together
by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it
for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through
competitive salaries, paid parental leave (outside of CA and NY),
healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and
sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our
annual Profit-Sharing plan - Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Food Science,
Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, or related industrial
- One (1) year of previous experience as a relatively new
supervisor in a food, beverage, chemical, or pharmaceutical
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant.
The milk never stops coming and neither do our operations!
The Ideal Candidate Will Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master's in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or
- Previous completion of a Production Leadership Trainee program
with a major food manufacturer (Nestle's FMDP, etc.)
- Two (2) years of experience as a production supervisor in any
food manufacturing environment.
"The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate
employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of
teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the
other." - Steve F., Leprino Plant Manager
Click below to learn more about Leprino's philosophy and culture on
Quality and Food Safety:
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Tracy , Operations Supervisor, Other , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!