Telecommunication Network Engineer
Company: RightDirection Technology Solutions
Posted on: May 9, 2022
RightDirection Technology Solutions LLC
Description: *Qualified Candidate Willing to Relocate Shall Have
RDTS is looking for a Telecommunications Network Engineer to
support one of our DoD programs in Tracy, CA.
The Telecommunications Network Engineer analyzes and develops
telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of
capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless
services. Develops designs and plans for installation and
maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to
conclusion. Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the
information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops
system requirements and network specifications. Closely coordinates
with other information system professionals to ensure proper
implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional
users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
Network Upgrade Design, Implement, Support, and Sustain
- Identify high level design requirements for the backbone to
include redundancy, maintainability and disaster recovery
requirements. Assist in the development of Concept of Operations
(CONOPS), disaster recovery, and contingency operations plans.
- Identify the detailed design requirements for the backbone to
include server locations, user locations, projected traffic flows
between devices, layer three devices and layer four protocols
(Transmission Control Protocol).
- Design, implement, and sustain solutions to include the
- Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity
of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
- Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if
changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Switchport level access controls and notification.
- Streaming video IP protocols.
- Wireless LAN.
- IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
- 802.1x - protocols and appliances
- DNS/DHCP appliances
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)
- Develop and perform testing requirements (critical items that
need to be tested) to include:
- Operating systems.
- Develop and implement Fail-over solutions.
- Troubleshoot and support existing production networking
infrastructure (Cisco routers and switches) as well as newly
installed technologies. On-call duty will be required.
- Creation of lab environment for scenario simulation, testing
- Knowledge transfer to the NTS-LAN government employee staff
and/ or contract personnel supporting the current contract. Network
- Define, document and implement a plan for Network Monitoring
and Fault Detection.
- Support network monitoring tools not limited to but including
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Openview, Network Automation, Network
Node Manager i, Concord eHealth, WhatsUp Gold, Solar Winds,
including commands, scripts and utilities. Perform knowledge
transfer, regarding tools and methods used, to designated
- Network Monitoring and Fault Detection
- Network management matrix (in Excel Format) explaining
functions, tasks, tools used in plan.
- Outlines of procedures used to complete tasks (Word
- List of training resources for using tools described in
- Soft copies of all customized files and scripts used to
configure network monitoring tools
- All documentation stored on NTS-LAN share drive
- Maintain updated LAN objects and configurations within Network
Management Servers (NMS) to include Hewlett Packard Enterprise
(HPE) Network Automation (NA), Concord eHealth, HPE Network Node
Manager I (NNMi), ArcSight, RedSeal, NetSight, Solarwinds/Orion
Network Operations Support
- Provide call-back support to DLA, Information Operations, NTS
mission 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365/366 days per year.
- This support includes low and high side environments.
- In addition, this support requires response to after hour
emergency support pages'/telephone calls.
- Follow DoD/DLA, Information Operations policies and processes
for information assurance.
- Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
practices as defined by DLA Enterprise Data Solutions.
- Remain cognizant of and responsive to Joint Task Force (JTF) -
Global Network Operations (GNO) Communications Tasking Orders (CTO)
and assist DLA, Information Operations with the design solution and
completion of assigned tasks.
- Provide support for Continuity of Operations (COOP) planning
and exercises and ensure DLA, Information Operations, NTS COOP
capabilities are in place.
- Collect and provide information needed in response to data
calls or for assisting with DLA, Information Operations, NTS
Enterprise Data Centers and Regional Site Locations.
- Install, configure and maintain networking hardware and
software for the DLA, Information Operations, Enterprise Network
- Capable of troubleshooting, administering, configuring and
maintaining the following:
- Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network
hardware and software.
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies, including WildPackets, OmniPeek,
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation
(NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth, RedSeal,
NetSight, Wildpackets, Solarwinds/Orion, SecureCRT
- Capable of troubleshooting, administering, and maintaining the
- Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) Layers 1-7
- Network Protocols, including IPv6 and IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP,
IGMP, ARP, AH, ESP, VRRP)
- IEEE Standards: 802.1x, 802.1Q, 802.1s, 802.1D, 802.1W,
802.1ax, 802.3, 802.11
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Protocols,
including TACACS+ and RADIUS
- Responsible for providing problem diagnosis, data capture,
analysis and resolution of LAN problems for the entire DLA,
Information Operations, NTS Enterprise Network Infrastructure, with
a focus on the Region and the Enterprise Data Solutions (formerly
- Responsible for creating Change Management (CM) Plans per CM
Policy, and attending the Configuration Control Working Group
(CCWG) Meetings for all Enterprise Change Requests (ECR)
- Schedule, coordinate, and submit Network Scheduled Outage (NSO)
- Manage and monitor the DLA, Information Operations, Enterprise
Network Infrastructure LAN and Enterprise Data Centers under the
direct control of the government appointed COTR.
- Track, analyze and provide DLA, Information Operations with
updated usage reports. These reports will be posted at a Government
- Provide high-level problem diagnosis, i.e., data capture and
analysis, in resolving LAN problems for both internal and external
DLA Enterprise Data Solutions and Enterprise Network Infrastructure
customers, with technical representatives both commercial and
government to resolve any and all network related problems. An
example of a commercial entity would be Cisco technical
- Participate in implementation planning and/or strategy meetings
for all upgrades to the DLA, Information Operations Enterprise
Network Infrastructure (to include the Data Centers) that relate to
LAN and Data Center services.
- Provide cable/network testing analysis as needed through the
use of cable testing equipment and/or sniffers.
- Provide call-in support on an as needed basis and participate
in the DLA, Information Operations Regional network infrastructure
on-call rotation. After hours call back may be automated and
controlled through these locations and Enterprise infrastructure
Remedy incident reporting system.
- Provide on call support approximately every two (2) weeks.
Typically, the on call support personnel receive one (1) call per
week, 50% of which require on-site support.
- Provide support with ensuring appropriate audit logs are
captured and stored via the DLA Enterprise implementation of the
ArcSight logger system.
- Implement applicable patches including Information Assurance
Vulnerability Assessments (IAVAs), Information Assurance
Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVBs), and Tasking (TAs) for their network
- Apply security requirements to the operating system for the
Network Environment (NE) and computing environment (CE) used in
their current position, per Security Technical Implementation
- Receive, process, and report final response/actions for DLA
Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) Tasking and IAVAs to
- Search computer and network logs for unauthorized entry
attempts or activity and reporting any findings.
- Ensure that hardware, software, data, and facility resources
are archived, sanitized, or disposed of in a manner consistent with
system security plans and requirements.
- Determine the location, installation, and cabling requirements
for access points and antennas.
- Use provided man-lift for the installation of access points,
antennas..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: RightDirection Technology Solutions, Tracy , Telecommunication Network Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!