Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Posted on: January 16, 2023
The LPN/LVN administers nursing care according to the plan of
care to terminally ill patients admitted to the VITAS program, in
accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the State where the VITAS
program is located.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Provides direct skilled bedside nursing care.
- Evaluates patient/family needs and assists in the preparation
and execution of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each
patient on the team.
- Performs selected acts in the care of the terminally ill under
the supervision of a registered nurse; such acts include the
administration of treatments and medications.
- Evaluates effectiveness of treatments and monitors patient's
- Reports significant findings or changes in the patient's
condition to the registered nurse, Team Manager or Physician.
-Documents reports in clinical notes.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient and
- Maintain accurate documentation including but not limited to
clinical notes on interdisciplinary charts.
- Evaluates patient/family response to care.
- Utilizes a wide variety of supportive and technical nursing
skills in carrying out specific medical orders for administration
of medication, performing specific treatments, monitoring
diagnostic, therapeutic, and supportive measures.
- Assists the interdisciplinary team in the designing and
delivering of interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Establishes therapeutic relationship with patients/families and
invites their participation in the plan of care to ensure, as much
as possible, their being able to function as independently as
- Initiates and performs nursing protocols based on patient's
needs relating to physical comfort and mental well-being which
include, but are not limited to, positioning, mobilizing, bowel and
bladder elimination, skin and wound care, personal hygiene and
- Participates in patient/family teaching during daily care
relative to understanding the - -illness and its treatment;
maintaining of activities of daily living; self-care and self- - -
- - - - - - medication, prevention and recognition of complications
and preparation for discharge and follow-up.
- Plans and carries out a program of professional growth
including, but not limited to, participating in regularly scheduled
in-service programs and appropriate community educational
- Cooperates with education and research activities as
1. - - - - - - Participates in Nurse LPN/LVN on-call
rotation/schedule as assigned in order to meet the needs of
patients and families.
2. - - - - - - Is willing to work on flexible schedule, i.e.,
weekends or rotating shifts.
Must have and maintain transportation to be used for work with
required liability insurance and license.
1. - - - - - - Graduate of an approved school of
2. - - - - - - Currently licensed to practice nursing in the state
where the VITAS program is located.
3. - - - - - - At least one year of satisfactory nursing
experience, at least one year of which is an LPN/LVN in a hospital
on an adult medical surgical unit.
4. - - - - - - Equivalent experience may be considered.
-RESTRICTIVE GUIDELINES IN CARE DELIVERY
1. Does NOT make initial patient nursing care assessments.
- - - - - - - -2. Supervised by a Registered Nurse
- - - - - - - -3. Reports to the applicable Team Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described in this job description are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
-Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
- - - -While performing the duties of this position, the employee
is regularly required to: -
- - - - - - - Assist in lifting and transferring patients, as
- - - - - - - Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds
- - - - - - - Stand or walk in excess of one hour per day
- - - - - - - Talk and hear
- - - - -Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- - - - - - - Close vision
- - - - - - - Distance vision
- - - - - - - Ability to adjust focus
-The employee will be required to sit and stoop, kneel, and
VITAS - Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life
care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal
and professional growth. -As a member of the VITAS team, you'll
find fulfillment working for a people-focused organization
dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. You will
be more than just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert
in your field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are
respected and vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care
flexible spending accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with
numerous investment options and generous company match- Cancer
and/or critical illness benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time
Off- Employee Assistance Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside
Assistance- Affinity Program
Many of our positions offer the opportunity to work -day or night
shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: Nurse.com, Tracy , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!