Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Organization:STCH-Sutter Tracy Community HospPosition Overview:
The registered nurse provides individualized nursing care based on
knowledge of basic competencies in the fundamentals of nursing and
pharmacology using the nursing process applied to geriatric, adult,
and adolescent patients from admission through discharge. This
position requires knowledge of standards of care, nursing
assessment parameters, and pharmacology, including doses, purpose,
interactions, side effects, and reactions to medications.Job
Description: Sign On Bonus Potential MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of
California upon hire.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification upon hire.
- Must possess a current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
certification (see department specific requirements).
- Other (Must also meet department specific requirements for
License and Certification - see department specific
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of nursing process in
addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age
criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in
English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of
your job. DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS Intensive Care Unit
- One (1) year of RN experience preferred.
- Critical care theory including the following: Cardiac, ECG
monitoring and arrhythmia interpretation, Hemodynamics, Respiratory
and Ventilation, Vasoactive medications, Endocrine, and Renal
(similar to the AACN American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required
within 90 days of hire.
- Electrocardiogram Certification (EKG) required within 180 days
- Proficiency with: continuous bedside monitoring and telemetry,
vasoactive medications, hemodynamic monitoring and pressure lines,
patients receiving mechanical ventilation. Ability to assist with
bedside procedures such as emergency resuscitation, chest tube
insertion, central line insertion, tracheotomy, and
- Proficiency with: PA pressure lines, Arterial lines and
monitoring. Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy, Intra-Aortic
Balloon Pumps, Intracranial Pressure Monitoring and
- Ability to assist with bedside procedures such as emergency
resuscitation, chest tube insertion, central line and Swan Ganz
insertion, tracheostomy, intubation. License/Certifications:
RN-Registered Nurse of California - California Department of
Consumer AffairsEducation:Associate of Applied Arts (Required)Job
Shift:NightsSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:12Days of the
WeekendsBenefits:YesUnions:YesPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1 This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800. Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, Tracy , Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!