Phlebotomist II - Site Lead
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Rep, PS II (Phleb) - Site Lead - Tracy, CA - Monday-Friday
* Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required, which must
include the primary doses and the booster dose if eligible -
exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious
reasons will be considered if a conditional offer of employment is
The Patient Services Representative II Site Lead (PSR II - Site
Lead) represents the face of our company to patients who come to
Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for
insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR II Site Lead
draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those
specimens for lab testing while following established practices and
procedures. The PSR II Site Lead has direct contact with patients
and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining
procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful,
safe and accurate manner. The PSR II Site Lead will direct daily
activity at a Patient Service Center (PSC) or In-Office Phlebotomy
(IOP) and leads one or more PSR on site. The PSR II Site Lead will
demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process
excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy
to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to
work in a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house
call environment, long term care or as business needs dictate.
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
* Collect specimens according to established procedures. This
includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and
* Administer oral solutions according to established training.
* Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems
or directory of services.
* Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately
including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order
from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing
* Enter billing information and collect payments when required,
including the safeguarding of assets and credit card
* Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling,
centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test
* Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such
as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when
* Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols
and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance
Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook,
Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow
* Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials
including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were
labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is
* Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and
* Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
* Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest
* Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off
* Participate on special projects and teams.
* Stay-up-to-date on company communications and assist with the
distribution of technical information to the work group.
* Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed
and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standing
Operating Procedure (SOP).
* With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new
employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment
and the familiarity with established procedures.
* Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and
problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
* Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work
group or PSCs.
* Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer, and
document problems, prepare problem documentation and report
critical issues as they occur.
* Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a
clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
* Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs for phlebotomy
services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
* Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes
appropriate action to advise Group Lead or Supervisor of required
repairs and maintenance.
* Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and
resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of
contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the group
lead or supervisor.
* Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced
* Ability to work independently with minimal on-site
* Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and
* Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
* Committed to all Quest Diagnostics policies & procedures
including company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest
Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
* Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise good judgment.
* Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.
* Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and
required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long-Term
Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
* Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume
* Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to communicate
openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients;
ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout Quest; and
knowledge of our business.
Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of
duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the
weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently;
objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and
carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40
pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds
are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires
long hours of eye and hand coordination.
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand
frequently to constantly throughout the day.
Position requires travel.
Extensive use of phone and PC.
Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties
and requirements are essential job functions.]
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
3. Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California,
Nevada, and Washington.
1. Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of
pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
2. Minimum 2 years in a Patient Service Center environment
3. Customer service in a retail or service environment
4. Keyboard/data entry experience.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Tracy , Phlebotomist II - Site Lead, Healthcare , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!