Infection Preventionist, Registered Nurse
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Position Overview:Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423
acute care beds, provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient -surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine,
dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep
disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma CenterMemorial Medical Center is an
accredited Chest Pain Center and STEMI (heart attack) Receiving
Center. -MMC is part of , one of the thanks to its integrated
network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers-more than
60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health's not-for-profit
mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care
that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to
outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and
learn from the more than 3 million people in their care-nearly 1
percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and
innovative regions in the world. -The Infection Preventionist
develops and coordinates surveillance, education, and consultation
and other assigned concurrent quality management activities in the
as assigned by the Director of Quality and Safety.
- Provides leadership in epidemiology and infection control.
- Investigates, monitors and reports outbreaks, communicable
disease exposures, and potential transmissions.
- Conducts concurrent infection control surveillance and uses
surveillance data to develop appropriate interventions.
- Helps implement guidelines and evaluates practice to ensure
that guidelines are applied consistently.
- Identifies and/or responds to needs for consultation about
emergency or recurrent problems that need to be resolved.
- Provides consultation for regulatory compliance, construction
issues, disaster and surge planning, maintenance of infection
prevention and patient safety strategies, and during emergent or
existing and ongoing issues.
- Bachelor degree in either Microbiology, Nursing, Public Health,
Epidemiology, or other Healthcare related field is required;
Masters Degree is preferred.
- Registed Nurse - State License is required. -
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in infection prevention,
including nursing, epidemiology, public health or related field may
- Must be able to travel in and out of Stanislaus County, a
times, on short notice. Travel may also include transcontinental
air flights, Must be able to travel either alone or in a
- Driver License, valid and in state - DL Number
- Automobile Insurance -Skills & Knowledge: -
- Knowledge of microbiology terminology. -
- Basic mathematical and data analysis skills (rate calculation,
trend analysis, etc.). -
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including
Word, Power Point and Excel -Organization:Memorial Medical Center,
ModestoEmployee Status: RegularBenefits: YesPosition Status:
ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: DayShift Hours:8 Hour ShiftDays of the
Week Scheduled:Monday-FridayWeekend Requirements: OtherSchedule:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80Applications Accepted:All
Applications AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Full Time/ Day
Keywords: Sutter Health, Tracy , Infection Preventionist, Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!