Posted on: March 19, 2023
A steel company specializing in structural and misc. metal work is seeking a qualified, experienced STRUCTURAL and MISC.STEEL ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER.
The primary function of this ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER is to prepare complete estimates for Commercial and Public Works projects of medium size and complexity and help to manage the project if awarded.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
* Four (4) years of technical training and/or experience bidding and managing steel projects
* Advanced knowledge of Blue Beam, estimating techniques and cost control
* Some shop and field work experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Ability to establish and maintain relationships with general contractors; great communication skills a must
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Current CDL and clean driving record
* Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Experience: Construction Estimating = 3 years (Preferred)/Estimating = 3 years (Preferred)
TYPICAL DUTIES for this ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER position:
* Review contract specs, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and job site requirements/conditions
* Prepare estimates by calculating complete work scope, maintain working documents as back-up for estimate figures and produce detailed proposals
* Participate in job scheduling
* Follow awarded contracts - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, and some detailing
* Procure projects to bid
* Correspond with General Contractors; RFI's, clarification, etc.
* Work closely with Shop Superintendent and Field Foreman
For additional information on this ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER opportunity, please contact Rod DeReus directly at 605-315-3908.
Resumes may be confidentially sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER - gpac - CA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: gpac, Tracy , ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER, Executive , Tracy, California
here to apply!