Associate Manager - Lathrop (Murphy 2)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
* The Associate Manager, Global Distribution Center, will be
part of the Service team, which supports the distribution of parts
for the Service Centers of Tesla. The individual will be
responsible for designing and developing inventory movement and
storage systems from dock to storage and storage to staging,
improving productivity and efficiency of operations, and managing
warehouse staff. The primary objective of the GDC Group is to
implement an efficient receiving, warehouse, material handling, and
conveyance solution to support the overall Service organization
while optimizing space, improving labor productivity, and creating
a more ergonomic work environment for Tesla's associates. This role
will also focus on continuous operations improvement and will be
dynamic with frequent changes in scope and scale. This position
will report to the Manager of the Global Distribution Campus.
* Design, develop, and implement solutions for dramatically
improving material flows through the warehouse using Lean
Principles. The design includes material arrival at docks through
delivery to Service Center locations. The focus will be on
developing innovative new solutions for warehousing that leverage
lean manufacturing concepts.
* Ability to foster and develop a strong team of warehouse
personnel through selective recruitment, thorough and consistent
on-boarding process, training and coaching, and identification and
addressing of competency gaps within the team. Management of the
team includes proactively planning for labor needs in light of
production ramp-up, communicating job expectations, performing
employee performance and objectives reviews, and managing a team in
the alignment of company policies and procedures.
* Ability to meet warehouse operations financial objectives by
preparing budgets, forecasting requirements, planning for capital
expenditures, securing company property and assets, and analyzing
and resolving inventory variances.
* Capable of defining warehouse operations systems to include:
developing processes for warehouse-related activities, determining
equipment needs and utilization, defining storage and material
handling requirements, and ability to integrate and align physical
processes with systematic processes.
* Drive improvements within warehouse material flow by planning
layout and space requirements, analyzing and reviewing product
flow, and evaluating and proposing new equipment options.
* Maintains a safe work environment by establishing, following, and
enforcing standards and procedures. It also requires coaching and
motivating the team to proactively address potential safety issues
* Support advanced troubleshooting and improvement of existing
warehouse management, inventory control, and material flow
* Targeted goals include:
* Reduction in material handling waste.
* Reduction of in-house receiving lead-time.
* Significant improvement in labor efficiency.
* Optimized space utilization.
* Highly accurate part selection resulting in inventory accuracy
levels above 99%.
* Maintain customer service through on-time Service deliveries.
* Minimum 4-year degree in a related field such as Supply Chain,
Industrial Engineering, or Business or the equivalent in experience
with evidence of exceptional ability.
* 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain, and/or
distribution & logistics.
* Minimum of 5 years in a Supervisory/Management role.
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including the
ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought. Natural
ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational
* Proficient in lean manufacturing principles and adept at applying
to warehouse operations.
* Demonstrated ability to be a resilient change agent capable of
leading the organization through paradigm shifts.
* Strong multitasking project skills with the ability to adapt to
changes in scope, timeline, or focus without sacrificing
* Strong knowledge of lean warehousing methodologies, including
sequencing, kitting, repack, one-piece flow, etc.
* Capable of creating and maintaining operation & labor costs,
KPIs, and inventory analytics metrics.
Keywords: Tesla, Tracy , Associate Manager - Lathrop (Murphy 2), Executive , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!