Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Company: Super Store Industries
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Job Location: Shared Services - Lathrop, CA Salary Range:
Undisclosed Travel Percentage: Up to 25% Job Shift: Any Job
Category: Accounting The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is
accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management
operations of the company to include the development of a financial
and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the
ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to
preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the
organizations fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporations plans and
programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning,
introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely
and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial
trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other
senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve
the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the
Board as an effective developer of solutions to business
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others
within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through
education of department managers on financial issues impacting
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision
making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of
potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds
- Optimize the handling of bank a deposit relationships and
initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts
into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance/accounting structure and team for
continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the
group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal
- Has a responsibility to support and assist in the execution of
the Food Safety and Quality Systems. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Develop coach and mentor subordinate staff
- Demonstrate strong skills in Problem Solving
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Dynamics
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with
clients and peers
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able
to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with the ability to
work in high output environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Coordinates training as needed Business Acumen Strategic
Leadership Effective Communication Coaches and Develops Direct
Reports Ethical Conduct Drives Vision and Purpose Situational
Adaptability Situational adaptability Organizational Savvy Required
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Finance plus 10
years of experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, and operating within,
cross-functional teams as well as the ability to significantly
integrate within corporate and customer organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of programs: Dynamics (DAX) and SAP This is
largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This
would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and
bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Able to lift up to 40lbs
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time exempt
position. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to
5 p.m. Travel This position requires up to 20% travel.
Keywords: Super Store Industries, Tracy , Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Executive , Lathrop, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!