Receptionist - Family Practice
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Position Overview:Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF) is a
non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated
with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical
care, health education and research activities in a five-county
area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners,
internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist
physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health
library, health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes
education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight
management.The Receptionist is responsible for welcoming, greeting
and assisting patients and visitors to the Foundation, while
providing excellent customer service. This position may check in
patients for appointments, schedule appointments, enter messages
into the electronic health record, accepting and assisting with
paperwork, accepting copays and handling cash. At some locations
this position performs tasks associated with the following:
off-site visits, bump lists, duties with Worker's Compensation
Occupational Health, rejection reports, insurance authorizations
medical records and duties associated with
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
- Professional Medical Office Program Certificate preferred.
- Typing certificate for 35 WPM required and required to be
furnished at time of interview.Experience:
- Customer Service skills such as would be gained working with
the public for minimum of 1 year.
- Candidate must have previous experience working with computers
working in an office setting.
- Skills in handling money, making change and balancing a cash
drawer such as would be gained in 6 months of previous experience
- Two years previous experience in the medical field and a basic
knowledge of medical insurances is preferred.Knowledge :
- A working knowledge of computer systems and their software
applications is essential for this position.
- Knowledge of Epic or a willingess to learm.
- A knowledge of what constitutes excellent customer service and
going the extra mile is required.
- The ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in
- Some office locations may require fluency in other
- The ability to communicate professionally, calmly and
effectively with all customers in a medical office
- The ability to deal effectively with challenging customer
- The ability to complete multiple tasks with a high level of
accuracy and insure quality communications.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities with frequent
interruptions is a required skill. Math skills sufficient to
appropriately handle cash and make correct change are
- The ability to promote a positive teamwork through excellent
attendance, great attitude, and a spirit of cooperation.
- Organizational and prioritization skills are required.
- The ability to pay attention to detail is required.
- The ability to keep both patient and business information
confidential and comply with HIPPA.
- Well developed phone and customer service skills are important
skills for this position.
- Good spelling and grammar skill are essential for this
- Ability to learn how to operate office equipment is
required.Organization: Sutter Gould Medical FoundationEmployee
Status: RegularEmployee Referral Bonus: NoBenefits: YesPosition
Status: Non-ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift: VariableShift Hours: 8 Hour
ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled: Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
One Weekend a MonthSchedule: Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status,
sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex,
gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin
(including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals
who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or
perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical
condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made
unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screening.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Sutter Health, Tracy , Receptionist - Family Practice, Administration, Clerical , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!