Controller / Business Manager
Company: Gill Automotive Group
Posted on: March 24, 2020
SummaryReports the financial condition of the total dealership
to the dealer/general manager regularly and accurately. Provides
sales and expense analyses summarizing potential problem areas and
opportunities for improved profitability relative to monthly and
annual forecasts.--Essential Duties
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to
dealership guidelines and within each manufacturer's format and
time frame. Ensures that all manufacturer accounts, including
warranty claims, rebates, interest protection and co-op advertising
are current and accurate.
- Interprets the financial statement and the daily operating
control (DOC) regularly and informs dealer of developing
- Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term
financial forecasts for the dealership.
- Provides department managers with detailed financial and
- Maintains an effective cash management system that forecasts
cash funds and makes recommendations for the profitable use of
- Directs assessment of depreciation rates to apply to capital
- Reviews the general ledger and scheduled accounts. Notes any
unusual entries and investigates.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with
outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve
accounts, factory payable and floor plan payable.
- Stays abreast of tax code revisions and advises dealer
regarding any operational adjustments needed to accommodate
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government finance
regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms,
payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, retirement plan records
- Manages the dealership computer system to maximize
- Administers a loss review program and maintains loss reserves
for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
- Meets with dealer to evaluate all insurance renewals.
- Purchases property and liability insurance.
- Prepares and processes all insurance claims.
- Coordinates annual audit (or review) and physical
- Ensures that all office personnel are using proper accounting
procedures and maintaining accurate records and analyses and
supervises the preparation of all information for the CPA in order
to minimize audit or review costs.
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and information
reporting throughout the dealership.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.QualificationsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.--Education and/or
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.--
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability
to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to
prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present
information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.----
Keywords: Gill Automotive Group, Tracy , Controller / Business Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Tracy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!